Wednesday, June 02, 2010

: Wednesday : Love :

Lately, I have been into homesteading and creating as sustainable a home as possible. Of course, much of this is simply a dream at this point, but I can still learn about it before I try to attempt it. Plus, I need a ballpark figure of how much acreage we will need depending upon how extensive our farm will be. Having a plan is always a smart first step when buying property with a farm in mind. So, I picked up a few books from the library that I love reading...I will have to buy these keepers in the future: The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery, Country Women: A Handbook for the New Farmer by Jeanne Tetrault and Sherry Thomas, and Country wisdom: The art of successful homesteading by the editors of Countryside Magazine.

I love this story of the birth of a sweater from start to finish from Farmama. It is so inspiring! And it makes me drool over the idea of raising sheep in the future.

I love the idea of getting Jared a natural wooden dollhouse (no, they are certainly not just for girls) or a wooden barn. I found some cute ones on Etsy: Dollhouse made out of real wood, .Fairytale Cottage Dollhouse Out of a Storybook, and the Large Wooden Barn. Additionally, Three Sisters Toys has a nice selection of dollhouses: Waldorf Wooden Dollhouse by Willow Toys, Anna's Dollhouse by Elves & Angels, Seri's Dollhouse by Elves & Angels, and Kinderkram Stable. I love them all! But, oh well, maybe next year we will be able to get something like this for the boys.

I love handspun yarn. There are some really lovely selections that have been hand dyed on Etsy: Secrets of Spring III, Handspun Punta and Cotswold Wool Flame Yarn, and Red Maple Buds Handspun Wool.

Additionally, I found this site, Country Living and Farm Lifestyles, which I love because it is pretty comprehensive with regard to homesteading.

What do you love this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment