Tuesday, June 15, 2010

: Tuesday : Creations :

With the sun shining so bright and so much to do, I have made little time this last week for crafting. So, I haven't much to show for this week.... You know, I am going to make no more goals for the quilt because I never live up to those plans. If I get to it, I get to it; if I don't, too bad. I have 9 out of 12 quilting blocks to go and then I have to complete the rest of it's construction. Jared's actual birthday is next Tuesday and his party will be the following Saturday. Maybe that will buy me a little time.

I did complete the checker board bag. So, now there are painted rock game peices, a knitted checker board in brown and black, rather than red and black, and a matching bag that reminds me of a yoga mat bag. However, I can't find the darn darning needles that I own, which is why I am not posting the final product today... I still must sew in the loose ends.

I have continued to put off the elastic strap on the back of the birthday crown, but it will definitely get done this week....only because my deadline is Tuesday. Otherwise, I would probably keep putting it off.

I have started the knitted mouse hand puppet, though. I am about 6 inches up the wrist, and now I just need to complete the head and ears. I chose a misty brown yarn for this project. If I have time, I would like to make a black cat and/or a piglet, as well.

Well, since I don't really want to show off incomplete projects this week for fear of redundancy in next week's Creations, I will leave you with an image of a toy snake I made Jared for Christmas a couple years ago. It was based on one of the projects in the book Knitted Toys by Zoe Mellor. The only difference was that I embroidered the eyes with the danger of using buttons in mind (I had a new baby at the time), and I knitted a tongue, rather than using a strip of felt. This toy has been thrashed over time, but it is still in excellent shape!


I will continue to spend much of my time outdoors, but I will be making new things and finishing works-in-progress this week. Part of my problem is that before I am finished with creating one thing, I get excited about 10 others...I can never seem to keep up!

1 comment:

  1. You sound crazy busy!! That checkerboard and bag sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it.
    Also, glad I discovered your blog (thanx for adding your link, I am way new to this in case you couldn't see!). Once I am back from traveling I can give it a good and proper browse. :)

    ReplyDelete