1 1/2 cups sugar, brown sugar, and/or honey
4 bananas, mashed
2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (I use wheat often times)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Cream your butter and sugar/honey.
2. Add bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Sift dry ingredients together.
4. Alternate adding the dry mixture and buttermilk to your butter/sugar mixture.
5. Add walnuts.
6. Pour into a greased loaf dish and bake at 325 degrees for 70 minutes.
Now, shown below is the oatmeal muffins gone right. A couple weeks ago, I attempted these, and they didn't turn out so well. This time I used non-alum baking powder and buttermilk. It made all the difference. These ended up being moist, sweet, and very comforting.