Wednesday, August 11, 2010

: Tuesday : Creations :

I am slowly creeping along with Luke's quilt....and his birthday is a month from tomorrow, so I had better get a move on. I am also casually finishing up my navy blue knit bandana. I am not pleased to mention that I have yet to begin the farmer's market bag and touch up my apron. I am such a procrastinator....and busy with other things, of course.....

.....But, out of necessity, I did make flags for the garden to keep deer away. I awoke a few mornings ago to find guilty hoofprints in the garden. I discovered that half of the cucumber plants and melons had been eaten, along with almost all the red chard, radish, and beet leaves. Oh, yes, and not to mention half of the baby pumpkins and squash! Man, she certainly did a number on our garden...I hope she enjoyed because I plan on her staying away for good. I still need to reinforce the fence, but the flags should do the trick. I just used string that was laying around and ugly fabric from my stash. I decided to measure 8 1/2 x 11-inch rectangles, fold over the tops of each and sew, and thread the string through them all. I did some wrapping and tying to the garden posts and Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment