Tuesday, May 25, 2010

: Tuesday : Creations :

I am more than determined to finish Jared's Summer Solstice birthday crown this week....
I made individual pieces and embroidered them onto the cut out felt in a rainbow progression.....
We have tons of purple flowers native to our region and blue birds (well, jays)......
Trees are always a recognized element of nature in our home and cherished by the kids.....
The boys are going to have a sunflower patch.....
The boys have this great fascination with insects, especially lady bugs...plus, carrots are a staple in our home and fun for Jared to dig up in the garden.....
I put the 2 pieces of felt together and made a blanket stitch around the perimeter.....
I have yet to complete his fantastic crown.


Additionally, I have completed this enchanted little set....
The 6 gnome dolls......
And stitched up some wool felt beds.....
I placed them in a basket from the recent basket trip at the thrift store and put a silk in the middle...no need to wrap up this little gift....

My friend, Jenna, and I decided we are going to start a knit-along. She is trying to get pregnant for the first time, so I suggested we each make her little-one-to-be a sweater. She said she wanted to wait until she is at least pregnant...can't blame her. So, instead we decided on a couple wash cloths for starters....
I sit drinking my herbal tea and knitting quietly...When I am finished with the set of 2, I will provide the links to each free pattern.

Happy knitting, sewing, needle felting, painting, crocheting, sculpting........creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment