Tuesday, May 18, 2010

: Tuesday : Creations :

As you know, I am working on Jared's handmade birthday. He will soon be 5 in June the day after the Summer Solstice and he loves gnomes and mythical creatures. So, I found this cute and simple pattern from Plain and Joyful Living and I decided to make a set of six in deeper, rich colors. I am about 80 percent finished with the set, still needing to tie up loose ends, construct little arms, finish a head.... I also would like to get a basket and line it with fabric for them to live and sleep in, and Jared can use little fairy silks for blankets.

They are pretty tightly stuffed, but as the younger boys play with them, they start to break in and the batting inside the dolls will not show through as much.

I am an imperfect knitter, but I like it that way. The flaws bring out the handmade quality of these priceless little toys. There is nothing like playing with a toy a loved one made from scratch with you in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment