Monday, May 17, 2010

: Monday : Nourishment :


This past week, I can't recall any meals that were spectacular, mainly because we are trying to make due and improvise with less. However, I did concoct an "acorn squash, sweet potato, and leek soup" a few days ago. Somehow, I didn't get any pictures of the final product, but I did take a shot of the multi color veges being sauteed to begin with, which also included carrots and garlic. After they were sauteed for a while I added vegetable broth and quinoa. I let this simmer for about 35 minutes. Then, after adding fresh parsley, I pureed half of the chunky soup and added it back to the pot. It was a creamy, delicious cozy meal for a rainy day in May.



Another of my concoctions, this meal was very basic, but yummy and very nourishing. The lightly steamed organic rainbow chard from our local farmer's market is accompanied by leftover wild and brown rice, organic mild salsa, 1 can organic black beans, and organic carrots sauteed in olive oil. It was very few ingredients, but very satisfying and flavorful.

I love home-prepared, nutritious meals with the family. There is nothing that quite compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment