Sunday, May 23, 2010

: Sunday : Reflection :

So, I have been a homebody this weekend and we didn't go much of anywhere this last week. This is why you didn't see me yesterday...we hadn't gone on any journeys to speak of this week. We did have a good week, besides the weather. It actually snowed again a little last night! It should be in the 80s this time of year where I live.

Jared has continued not watching any movies at all, with the exception of Earth. This gradual elimiation of television viewing time is going very successfully. The boys actually enjoy it and I have seen several changes in their patterns and closeness to us. I love it!! It has been easier to guide and deal with them than I ever thought before.

I mentioned last week that I wanted to start getting up even earlier than usual to incorporate yoga and meditation into my mornings, which simply has not happened. Shucks! I have been staying up much too late working on Jared's birthday gifts. I will just shoot for trying to get up every day at 6:00am to greet the day with a walk on the treadmill, which I have also been neglecting to do. It will catch up to me sooner or later; I must take action here.

I have been putting off signing up Jared for Kindergarten. It is top priority on my list tomorrow morning! I would also like an official tour of the Waldorf classroom and school. I better set that up while I am at it.

Having completed the set of 6 gnome dolls, which I will share on Tuesday, I have yet to make little beds for them. In addition, I am 80% done with Jared's birthday crown. It is very cool and summer solsticey. This coming week, I would like to complete 6 embroidered knit gnomes and start on Jared's quilt finally. We will see.

I have been a real hermit crab for several months now and this week looks like a good week to get together with at least 2 friends. We will see how it plays out. I hate to plan too much because life never turns out exactly as we expect. I just like to set goals I would like to accomplish, but I am not too attached to surely getting them all done when I want.

All in all, I want to focus on rhythms in our home, creating, loving, remaining healthy, getting back into the garden, and continuing to shed my pounds of winter stagnance.

What has this last week held for you? What are your goals for the coming week? What are your thoughts and feelings? Enjoy this new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment