Sunday, May 01, 2011

Hexie Heaven

I have really been loving the creation of my hexies, though my husband thinks I am absolutely insane for persuing a project that takes so much time and diligence. I have finally reached the halfway point of actually making them. So, now I have 587 of the required 1,173. (((Sigh)))....

Basically, I was printing out templates on file folders cut to 8.5" x 11", so I didn't have to purchase cardstock paper. However, printer ink is not something I want to waste anymore...........


......So, I have decided to start sewing several of my hexies together now, even though they are not all made yet. That way, I can reuse the hexagon cutouts I have already utilized. I have a few layout ideas, including a rainbow theme. This displays the transition of color, as in a rainbow or a color wheel.

Or one could create flowers throughout the quilt, perhaps with a white hexie background...

Yet, I think I will just go with the random placement of hexagons, a hexie collage, if you will.

We will see how this piece of work unfolds. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to sew a whip stitch. I believe that is what I am supposed to be using to attach these suckers. That is what is fantastic about online video tutorials. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment