Saturday, May 28, 2011

Simple Dinners

Typically, dinner in our house uses a minimal amount of ingredients that are organic or as natural as we currently can get our hands on. Usually it is pretty basic and I often wing it and come up with my own stuff, according to what we have on hand.

I had some artichoke hearts, so I decided to make a pasta dish surrounding them. I simply sauteed some onion and garlic in olive oil, threw in some tomatoes and artichoke hearts, and added some whole wheat pasta and spices. I believe I served an organic mixed green salad on the side, too.

Easy burritos with tomatoes, shredded carrots, brown rice, beans, cheese, and mixed greens wrapped in multigrain tortillas. I have made burritos a billion different ways. I am looking forward to making my own tortillas in the future (and my own pasta, for that matter). 

Easy frittata..... I can't wait 'til we have our very own chickens! 

I made this pizza with a no-yeast whole wheat crust. It was superb. Half of our pizza was deliciously decorated with fresh jalapenos from Daniel's mom. I wish we could have made the entire pizza with them, but then the kids wouldn't touch it. I also made another pizza with the remaining artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Molto Bene!

I have noticed I use wheat quite a bit, which is very useful and yummy, but I simply must expand my flour variety. I want to eventually grind my own grain and make different flours, such as amaranth, brown rice, and quinoa, to name a few. Ah, so many ideas......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment