Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Little Bit of Organization....

I spent some time reorganizing some rather cluttery regions of my home. This declutter occured in the dining room area, which encompasses my craft corner, the boys' book shelf, the dining room table, the home school table, and the "magazine table". I love Spring cleaning....

I removed most of the toys from the adjacent living room (the shelf in the photo below with my yarn and things was in the living room previously with baskets of toys), but I kept a few things accessable to the boys. Upon organizing the boys' books rainbow-style (yes, I must be obsessive compulsive), I decided there was more room on the shelf. So I put all building block of several kinds into one bin, which is nice because they are right near the flooring, rather than carpeted areas of our home, which makes for easy building. Then, I decided to put the basket of wool balls atop the shelf because it is easy access for the boys, and if Dylan decides to impulsively pull down the basket at the top of the shelf, then it is light and easy on the flooring and his toesies. I added the pictures from a vintage book that was in bad shape, but I loved too much to get rid of. So, I cut illustrations out and framed them. The boys critiqued them with happiness. 

 This was my craft corner before it was dealt with.........

.....And here it is post-organization.
I love baskets of yarn... and old sheets that I can dream into creating quilts.........

This soft cotton yarn is special. I met a lady at the thrift store, who bought a couple skeins there..... this was an extremely rare find from a local fiber artist. There were 2 skeins there, and this beautiful thing. The woman informed me, as she was familiar with such, that these each go for about $40, being made with natural materials and being hand-dyed and hand-spun......however, I scored this for $3. I can't wait to decide what I will create with this.........

It has been a long day of cleaning, dreaming, playing with the kids, visiting friends....I think it is time to retire. Have a great night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment