Friday, August 12, 2011

Red Star Quilt ~ Week 1

I started a new quilt... don't worry, I will finish those that I have not yet completed...... It is my Red Star Quilt! I am going to be making 13 different stars, designed by me, my pencil, and my graph paper, though I am sure I am not the first ever to have created such block patterns. I am really excited about this because I have never really used too much red and I have never worked with triangles and stars in patchwork. I got this idea from Crazy Mom Quilts and her Seeing Stars Quilt. I will use the same format, but just with my own star blocks! Each week, I should have a new block. Here is the making of this week's:

I used all squares, drew a line across the back of the smaller squares as a guide for sewing and thus creating triangles, and went to town sewing each of the 9 patches that made up this block. 

Here are the completed 9 patches before being sewn into a block.

We went out to eat, and when I got back, I put the patches together for sewing. I accidentally set them up like this. I kinda liked it, so I thought I would share this setup.

And, finally, here is the completed block! Not too bad for never having done anything like this before.

Have a great weekend!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment