Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lukey's Quilt, Jared's Quilt Nearly Done & More Hexis

Lately, I have been having fun with quilting, obviously, and I just recently finished the front and back of Jared's new quilt. Last year, I made my first quilt ever for Jared's 5th birthday. Since that point my youngest has inherited that one, being that it fits perfectly on his toddler bed. As he gets bigger, I will replace it with a quilt that fits him better. Recently, I finished my oldest son's quilt, the second finished quilt I have ever made. Additionally, I have made more hexagons....this will be a long drawn out process, though.

Here is a shot of Luke's quilt, unfortunately after some use, which is why it is so wrinkled. It was an experimental brick pattern with blues and greens I happened to already have in my stash. Not too bad for a beginning quilter. Actually, no one ever taught me about quilting, let alone sewing. It is so much fun, though...and having access to the internet helps a bit.

 I made a label on the back of the quilt this time.....

 Lukey snuggling in his new blanket.... it is pretty cozy.

 More Hexis......

 These hexagons were too unique to show off in a big pile. I really love the vintage beach fabric...in fact, I didn't even know I had this until I was digging through the stash.

 I love the array of strawberries, too......

 Here's Jared quilt top....

 And the back of his quilt..

Here's the fabric close up.


So, now I will just continue to finish Jared's quilt, make more hexis, and conjure up new ideas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment